Friday, August 8, 2008

STAR STRUCK

Or maybe that should be "Author Struck". I love to read and my favorite author is Anita Stansfield. Well, Friday I got to met her. She came into the store I work in and bought several things. She was with her sisters and they were so funny, and so kind. Did I recognize her at first...NO! Did I act like a blubblering idiot when I did realize who it was...OF COURSE!

So it went like this. She came in with her sisters. We were joking and laughing and having a really good time. They had just been to the LDS book fair and were having a sister's weekend. They shopped, I helped them pick out some things and then it was time for them to check out.

One sister checks out, and then I'm ready to do the next one and she hands me her credit card. I look at her CC, start to get goosebumps and then ask her for her I.D. which is standard procedure. She hands me her I.D. and I realize I am looking at my favorite Author in the whole world.I freeze....just like a statue....and just stand there with her I.D in my hand staring at her like she has 3 heads. So, what do I do...... Well, it went like this...

Me- (In a shaky voice that makes me sound like I am 10 years old)
Is it really you?


Her-(Smiling because she knows I just figured it out)
Yes it is really me.

Me-Oh my goodness, I have read all your books

Her- Thank you, have you read the New one about Emma?

Me- No, not yet. My huband always buys me your books at Christmas, so I have something good to read on the long cold winter nights.

Her- That is wonderful, thank you.

Me- I don't have anything for you to sign, and I would love your autogragh.

Her- Here we can use this. (she picked up one of our business cards off the counter) and she signs it. To Cricket from Anita Stansfield 8-8-08

Me- Thank you soooo much. It was such a pleasure to meet you. Those of us who love to read and can't write really appreciate those of you who can.

Her- Thank you Cricket. It was nice meeting you and I will see you the next time I am in.

Me- ok...take care.....

Ok, so other than reading my other hobby is my blog. I always have my camera with me but have been worried that something would happen to it so decided to take it out of my purse and get a disposable one to carry with me. Have I done it yet...NO! So....do I have a picture of me and my favorite Author to put on my blog...NO! I am such a dork!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow!! how exciting for you. I know I felt the exact same way when I met her years ago. she is nice and so down to earth ..you should have taken a picture with you in it also.. what a fun day for you..you will always remember 08/08/08

Lis