I guess I have forgotten everyhing there is about style...maybe I never knew anything in the first place....or maybe I have not found my yet.
Ok...since I have gone back to work I have been thinking a lot about style. You hear things all day long like...That is in style, that is out of style,that is sooo old fashoned, that has not been in style for 20 years. So.....if you read my post about my favorite things you will know I looooove chocolate chip cookies. Well, over the past two years I have loved them a little too much. I have put on weight and hate everything in my closet. Partly because most are two small now, and partly because I wonder what is in style.
I started looking at women my age, women my height and weight,women a little older, women a little younger and this is what I have come up with. Some....are very concerned with looking young....waaaay to young. Some are concerned with comfort, some with how much they can show of their body and some with how much they can cover up. Some like clothes waaaay to tight, and some like them really baggy. Some look like they put a lot of thought into what they have on and some look like they got dressed in the dark.
If style is supposed to be up to the individual then way is everyone so concerned about being IN STYLE? Why do women let someone in Hollywood dictate to them what color, and style they should wear. I love the layerd t-shirt look. You know the longer T goes on first maybe it has a little lace around the bottom and then a short T goes on over that. But I don't wear it because as much as I like it I have a big butt and it just doesn't look good on me.But I see women older and heavier than I am wearing it with rolls of fat hanging out and they must be ok with it because they are wearing it. So....am I just not comfortable with my body...probably not, at least not now with the extra weight.
The other day at work 4 girls came in and they all had the same style clothes on, the same hair cut...etc.....so is being a cookie cutter the IN STYLE thing. You have to wear you hair and clothes like everyone else? you have to look like everyone else? And what do you do when those clothes are OUT OF STYLE? It happens so fast they probably are not even dirty yet!
I was reading a magazine the other day and it said curley hair is coming back IN STYLE...thank goodess because my hair is naturally curley. Thank goodness my husband loves it! I was not going to spend an hour with a hot straightner every moring just so I could be IN STYLE....just not worth it.
Today a woman cam in to where I work with a micro mini skirt on and nothing underneath it...yes I know because she bent over to look at something and there was no mistaking what I saw! Now that is going waaaay to far!
So....just because they make it in your size should you wear it? Just because they (those people in Hollywood) say it is in style should you wear it? What happened to being an individual? What about personal taste? What about your height, weight and body shape...shouldn't all of that be factored in?
I'm confused....and angry.....why was I judgeing those girls,why are those who are judging me? Why do we look at someone and pick them apart,and think about how OUT OF STYLE THEY ARE? Have we become so wrapped up in the outside that we have totally forgotten about the inside and how the inside is the beautiful part, the inside is the part that God created,have we forgotten the outside is only temporary, but the inside will go on forever?
Yes, I need to leave the chocolate chip cookies alone, it's not healthy. But shouldn't I be able to wear my clothes and hair they way I WANT and not be concerned about what other people think...yes of course I should. BUT...along with that beautiful stuff The Lord put on the inside he also made us human and fitting in, being a part of things, not being left out of made fun of are human traits we all have.
So, as I look for MY STYLE I wish you much luck in finding your style. Not the one that everyone else has, not the one Hollywood say's is right or wrong,but the one that makes you happy and comfortable. Wish me luck....LOL
I told you it was a lot of rambling!
Cute for a kid.....

I think not....

Ummm...that would be a NO!

Now that is funny!



4 comments:
Hey Kid,
You just have to be Cricket! No more, no less. I believe that if you feel good about yourself, you can wear whatever you please. Look in the mirror before you head out and if nothing on you looks X rated, you are probably OK.
You need to dress for the kind of work you are doing....bending and stocking doesn't match up with mini-skirts and high-heels. But...they do go if you are heading out to dinner with Scott!!
I can't rate the T-shirts. I only have a couple and choose not to wear them often as they tend to cling to my "widest part"...I try to choose blouses that I like that look good outside my pants. I seldom tuck in...SORRY!! When I tuck them in I feel FAT!
I too am over weight but at my age, I have been this weight for about two years and my health seems to be OK and I enjoy eating out to much to give up the fun eating when I can.
Love yourself and who cares what others think!!
Jane
Classic is always good. You always look great!! Don't sweat it so much. As long as you are comfortable with who you are, what you wear is the bookcover!!!
Enjoy life.
xoxo
Shelia
This is what I say...okay so of course to some level we are all wanting to look and feel cute and attractive. I think you should do what makes you feel good--find some styles that you like and that make you feel good about yourself!! Bottom line...you are you and thats what everyone loves!
Dear Heloise, The Hair is definitely you! Love Dear Abby
Post a Comment