On Friday I went to a funeral. The young man was 21 years old and a friend and former neighbor. He was so young and so full of life. I guess Heavenly Father really needed him and he must have fulfilled his mission here on earth. But it really made me think.
There were a lot of people there. So many that loved him and his family and wanted to pay their respects to someone who had touched their life. Peter Koons was a cowboy at heart. He loved his horses and anything to do with horses, all animals in fact. He was a gentle soul with a big spirit. He was just a good person. Did he have faults? I'm sure he did... we all do. But he was just nice, no pretence...just a nice person.And yes folks nice does matter. Not the phony smiles you give when you are really thinking something else but the real, from your heart nice.
I know sometimes when someone dies the people he or she knew try and make a saint out of them like they never did anything wrong, and it is usually out of love and all the good memories that are flooding through them at the time. Am I saying that Peter was perfect...No. I am saying that he was a kind person that tried his best to put his best foot forward and treat people they way he wanted to be treated.
Life is short, it can be all over in an instant.
If someone has hurt you...let it go!
If someone has made a mistake...Let it go!
When someone tries their very best to be a friend, accept it and be grateful they want you in their life.And that they care enough about you to want to be your friend
When someone does everything they can to right a wrong, ask for forgiveness or make something up to you, be gracious and forgive. Not the phony forgiveness like the phony smile where you say one thing but are thinking something else. The forgiveness I am talking about is the same kind the Savior commands us to give.
Let it go, forget it, move on and replace ugly hateful thoughts with good, kind charitable ones.
We are taught that when we leave this earth we take with us the same attitudes and beliefs we had here. If you are unkind and unforgiving and take every opportunity to hurt those you feel have hurt you....what are you going to feel like when you face Heavenly Father? He knows what is in your heart. He knows you had every opportunity to let those feelings go but you instead fed them and watched them grow.
Open your heart and your spirit. Let all the old hurts and pains go. Forgive and forget. Right the wrongs you have done, forgive the ones done to you. Replace hate and anger and resentment with peace and love. Don't drag around trash and garbage in your heart when you can ...LET IT GO!!!!



2 comments:
WOW! I hadn't heard that! What happened? That is so sad. I remember him as a little boy!
Amen! Thank you for your kind and very insightful words. You are an awesome lady and we are so thankful for you and your family!
Love you all!
Post a Comment