Saturday, November 1, 2008

Halloween Party



This is my beautiful and very talented friend and boss Tara. Each year she throws a wonderful halloween party with scary decorations and ghoulish food. This year it was the day after halloween because we have been so crazy busy at the store there just wasn't time to do it before. To say she loves Halloween is an understatemnet. She goes all out for her party. And starts wearing her witches costume (one of many) to the store October 1st and wears one of them everyday the whole month of October. But then again Halloween is a big deal at Gardner Village and she truly looks fabulous!


The table and decorations were pretty cool. I wish I would have taken more pictures of the inside and outside of the house. The front yard was amazing and each room in the house looked like a creepy old mansion. She did such a good job.




And then of course the food.......

Brain Pate (seafood dip) It was really good!

Dragon Eggs
Hands and Hearts....Ok, I tried to be a good sport and try everything but the hearts in this one were sooo real looking I just had to pass. The pictures don't do it justice. They had the little chambers and everything...gross!

Maggot and Molar Mush. (a really yummy rice dish I could eat everyday, if the name was different)

Monster Tonsils

Gnat encrusted mummy wraps. (poppy seed crossiants. You have to have something to soak up the blood)

Orc,Ear and Eyeball stew ( a wonderful pasta and meatball dish)

No party would be complete without something sweet. How about digging into a graveyard. (yummy chocolate pudding with cookie crunch topping) Scott loooooved this, as chocolate pudding is his favorite dessert.

A tower of yummy eyeballs, witches fingers and crunchy bones.

Crunchy bones

And you could dip your eyeballs, crunchy bones or lady witches fingers into the wonderful dip called Liquified Ear Wax..yummm ( Butterscotch sauce)

No comments: